I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- Contact details, such as;
- Email address
- Interests & preferences
- Your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you
- Information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my webinars or promotional events
Collection and Use
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- An opt-in form for my mailing list
I may use this information to:
- Provide you with relevant news and updates about my services
- Improve this website and the services I provide
I will only collect your personal information:
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me/us with information
- If I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- If I am legally required to collect it
- For necessary administrative processes if you become my client
Use of Personal Information
Reasons why I may disclose your personal information include:
- To provide you with the services you have requested
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- Ensuring that only I / key personnel have access to sensitive information
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy:
- Active Campaign
From time to time I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Google Analytics
- Personal contact
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact me.
Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.